History of Tour Minnesota Association
Established in 1974, Tour Minnesota Association is the largest organization dedicated solely to Minnesota's diverse tourism industry. It is a professional 501(c)(6) organization with members from both the public and private sectors united to represent the very best Minnesota has to offer.
TMA strives to satisfy the needs of its tourism industry members through strong membership support and alignments with other organizations, such as the Minnesota Association of Convention and Visitors Bureaus, Hospitality Minnesota, the Minnesota Office of Tourism and the Tourism Center at the University of Minnesota.
TMA is dedicated to enhancing the Minnesota tourism industry by:
- Providing a voice for the tourism industry to the legislature and related agencies.
- Providing a voice for individual member organizations, regardless of category or size.
- Protecting and enhancing the financial welfare of the industry.
- Creating tools for promotion, marketing, networking, education and business management to all TMA members for the successful management and growth of their operations.
- Encouraging vision and direction that will ensure the successful future of tourism in Minnesota.